I’m sure the words ‘Sunday Funday’ hold a different meaning to us all and for me it’s certainly changed as I’ve grown up. Though it still revolves heavily around food..
Sunday used to mean recovering from an awful hangover by doing nothing but watching Harry Potter and moving from my bed only to pee and eat. Now however, Sundays are strangely usually my most productive days!
Admittedly yesterday for me was pretty chilled. I spent Saturday cleaning, shopping, getting my nails done and answering emails so come Sunday I was able to chill. Now even though I literally had nothing else to do, I really couldn’t be bothered to cook. I luckily got a last-minute table at Caribbean Croft and let them sort my food needs.
The weather was surprisingly nice too so a walk through the park and woods was perfect after all that food. Even though we got a little lost and I dragged my boyfriend through a muddy trail in his white trainers lol. Quality time and all that!
By 8pm however the Monday anxiety had kicked in and I was dreading waking up to my alarm. A weekly ordeal for me. I am not a morning or Monday person lol. So to make sure I am as physically and mentally ready for the week ahead (as humanly possible) I like to do all/some of these things:
- Catch up and respond to any unread emails.
- Indulge in a proper Sunday dinner AND desert.
- Soak in a bubble bath, use a face mask and body scrub and put on fresh sheets. Pamper time is key
- Clean my makeup brushes/storage. Gotta keep that oily skin in check!
- Binge watch my current series (Scream on Netflix) and read a couple of chapters from a book.
- Plan my goals and to-do’s for the week ahead. I am obsessed with lists
- Get all my washing done and have my work clothes ready = Extra time to sleep
- And of course most importantly I plan content for the blog!
Of course life doesn’t always go as planned and some Sundays are far more productive than others. I mean in the summer most Sundays consist of rum and sun and let’s be real, those days aren’t too productive..
How do you get ‘Monday ready’?